Wednesday, March 3, 2010

CHOICES = f(x) ; x = ???

So, this is one of the most interesting puzzles....at least to me...I have always believed that there is a connection between choices of a person..obviously of entirely different fields....
Let me state an example...Suppose there are 4 completely unknown persons standing before you and you are bound to select one person as a friend for ur whole life...You know nothing of either of them...then how'd u choose one??? And do u think all the people will have a common choice???
No...we all would have independent choices...While some of us might be choosing a sincere face, some might be tempted for person with attitude..others might get fascinated by looks..or whatever..
So, in all we have different choices...Now, what I have always thought is that our choices resemble a pattern...
That means, if I have a certain choice in one stream, I'd have a definite liking for some option in another genre, which will be associated to my previous choice in some manner..
Seems complicated???
It sure is...
It seems complicated when i try to describe my own choices to others...
For instance, I love horror movies, I love wrestling, I am a big Kajol fan...does that resemble any pattern..??
No at least not apparent.. But still I believe there is a connection to what I like and what I dislike and my love for one genre somehow determines my liking in a completely different genre..
Well, if at all there is a pattern, then on what variables does this function depends???
For one, it is how you are raised up and what your closest people liked (they may be ur parents, ur big bros and sisters or even friends). There cud also be an inherent liking for things...but this again must be a factor of the first variable somehow...
Yet another factor cud be out of revolting, i.e. u tend to like things because others condemned it.....The reverse cud be true as well....sometimes ppl may irritate u with something by praising it a lot...
Finally u may also develop forced liking or disliking for something as well......
And so what ultimately happens is that ur choice shows reflection in different streams as well....
So, in all three variables = environmental factors :) , inherent liking and likes/ dislikes of others around u..
But again this is my opinion...
Hope to deduce a pattern someday soon 8) and will tell u when I am done ...
For now, if u can think of any more factors, do let me know... :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

ok.. I can understand that wrestling and horror movies are kinda related... but Kajol is nowhere close to these choices... :-)

I think one has different choices in different situations, different realms of life, n its not necessary that they are always related...!!

pata chale to bataiyo!! :-)

KP said...

Your three factors account for only 50% of why we choose what we choose, even less than 50% maybe.

You forgot genes. The reason why we have to make those choices, rather the reason we get those choices only. A person of completely different genes or nature might look at the same problem with altogether different choices.

Andy said...

hmmm...arvi..seems u forgot to see the close resemblence between an angry kajol n trish stratus or sumone.. :P