Saturday, June 6, 2009

U being nice...I getting a guilt free pass???

What I am telling you is this...
Me chatting wid one of my gud old friends, who happened to be an 'atheist'.

Me- Don't you think you should be quitting fake swearing before your girl?
Fr- My girl would never come to know about it.
Me- What if she actually comes to know someday?
Fr- I'm pretty smart for it and she's too dumb to figure it out.
Me- And what about the name you are swearing under?
Fr- There is no 'he' whose name I use to swear.
Me- And supposedly if he is?
Fr- Then he'd be too nice to mind it. That's why God is.
Me- You don't believe in God?
Fr- No, I don't. And even if there is some God, he is supposed to be the superlative for nice. Right?
Me- Amm Humm...So?
Fr- So, he won't even give a damn' if I don't believe in him and misuse his name. He won't punish me for putting false promises under his name. He'd be too good to do that!
Me- :O :x


Doesn't this conversation reveal one human tendency? That we misuse one's goodness, if he's proclaimed not to feel bad about it.
So should you be revealing your anger on the person who hurt you? Or should you be just forgiving him for that???

That reminds me of one of those old statements that
If we all were better people, the world would have been a better place to live in.

Surely, if the whole world would have had the same ideology of "moving on", forgiving would have been easy; more importantly there would have been no situation of one being guilty.
But we are not good people, (leave alone the adjective better); as for world, I'm still not sure if the world is better place to live in or not.
Considering what goes today, I feel, there are times, when you need to show that you are not giving your consent to his actions; there are times you need to show, that you do not approve the person's behavior.

Coz if you stop being "all time nice" person, I would stop using my guilt free passes !!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

thank god....

kuch to samajh mein aaya tere...!!!!

Udayan said...

Good one dude... This is an important lesson...